Pavilion in the garden of the Rosenstöckl Villa

Pavilion in the garden of the Rosenstöckl Villa

The Rosenstöckl Villa (Esplanade 6a) is located behind the Lidl House (Esplanade 6) in the Kurpark garden


Place

Place

The interwar period had some affinities with the Biedermeier period, and this attitude also left its mark on Ischl. As early as 1923, the garden of the Rosenstöckl Villa, which was built in 1840 and famous for its prominent summer guests, was given a garden pavilion. In 1935, the villa itself was embellished with a style-adapted portico.

The most outstanding elements of the slender octagonal pavilion with a flat mansard roof are the large and densely arched window and door openings. All wall surfaces in between windows and doors are furnished with trellises.

The garden is private property and therefore not open for public.