War memorial on the church square

War memorial on the church square

In Lauffen, at the staircase to the church


Place

Place

War memorial at the church square in Lauffen

at the staircase to the church

Supposedly, the monument was taken over from another district and inaugurated in 1923. Around 1950, the inscription was updated, and two plaques on the side with the names of the fallen of WWI were removed. The pedestal was also remade.

The monument is made of terracotta-like cement crowned with an eagle, situated in a small green area. In a round-arched niche there is a plaque, above it a branch with oak leaves.